Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ethics Issue 11-1

When someone is watching me at my job or in school I do tend to work harder because I want to please the person who is either in charge or is reviewing some of my work. I tend to over achieve and want to always perform at my best and make the other person happy with the work that I have done. I do believe that I fit the criteria under Hawthores Effect because it describes me perfectly when being observed.

I agree with the research that was performed and I do however believe that this research can have a psychological affect on others because they might not act in the same way and crack under the pressure to the point where they perform worse then normal. An observation in this case can be a bad form of data gathering technique because it can could not show the actual performance of an individual especially if they know they are going to be observed and either perform to the ability as to where they normally don't perform, whether it be good or bad performance.

Looking at this research and knowing where I fit into the catergory, It is relavent and irrelavent to say that this research works because it seems to be more biased and may not have the affect or reslts the person is looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment